What is PI insurance and why do you need it?

As a professional in design, projects and equipment for the foodservice, catering and hospitality industry, when you offer to carry out a service you must be able to provide an adequate degree of skill, with enough knowledge and experience to responsibly advise about the work you undertake.

If you are unable to carry out this service to the standard expected, you can be held liable for any loss or damage to people or property caused as a result of your work. And having a professional indemnity insurance policy can help protect you against any potential claims, including legal defence.

We’ve answered some of the common questions businesses are googling about professional indemnity insurance, including who needs PI insurance and what it covers.

Find out more

Need expert advice?

Get in touch with our insurance experts. Call Leah Gregory on 07385 482545 or email leah.gregory@marshcommercial.co.uk.