Brewers Hall, London
The first Hall of it’s kind was established by The Brewers’ Guild, with the first site sitting in the location of the current Hall in Aldermanbury Square, London. Reference to this is shown in the records of the Chapter of St Paul’s Cathedral in 1403. These records also reveal that by 1422, there was regular use of the Hall when it was let out to other City Livery Companies, Guilds and other groups including the ‘ffootballpleyers’, one of the earliest known references to football in English.
GS Catering Equipment Ltd were employed as a subcontractor to supply and install the commercial catering equipment element of the project for Brewers’ Hall.
Karl and his team were key to achieving the complex and challenging installation of the catering equipment. Due to the constraints of the building they overcame issues in getting the large items of equipment to the first floor kitchen with due care and attention to the existing fabric of the building. They were also quick to react to changes regarding the location of the coldroom condenser unit to minimise project delays.
Overall, the efforts of the project team were excellent, they were very well organised and the installation was completed to budget and within the timescales.